An oral solid dosage form that is ideal for pediatric and geriatric populations, as well as patients with swallowing difficulties.
Parvulet addresses multiple challenges
- Ideal for patients with swallowing difficulties
- Dysphagic patients
- Mucositis patients
- Pediatric & geriatric populations
- Allows for high drug loading
- Accurate dosing with every treatment
- Improves patient adherence
- Texture is easy to swallow
- Masked for taste and smell
Parvulet is a patient-friendly format
Studies show 60-79% of the geriatric population and 25-45% of the pediatric will experience difficulty in swallowing.
Oral solid dosage form with final texture similar to that of applesauce:
- Easily administered in 30 seconds
- Swallowing aid built into formulation
- Mimics natural swallowing mechanism with no choking hazards
- Available in dispersible granules and tablets
Speak With An Expert
Srinivasan Shanmugam, Ph.D
Senior Director, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Business Support, and New Technologies
Dr. Srinivasan Shanmugam is involved in the development and expansion of Adare’s pharmaceutical technology portfolio and supports product development, co-development, and tech transfer opportunities. Dr. Shanmugam has a Ph.D. M.S., and a B.S. in Pharmacy. Dr. Shanmugam has more than 20 years of experience in designing and development of conventional, NDDS/alternate, advanced/modified drug delivery systems, and pharmaceutical platform technologies for oral and other routes of administration. His expertise includes enabling technologies for challenging drugs and developing platform technologies. Additionally, his expertise includes patient-centric solutions focusing on pediatric and geriatric populations to achieve dose convenience, flexibility, and precision. Dr. Shanmugam has published numerous research articles, holds multiple patents, and is a reviewer/editorial member of various prestigious journals. Shanmugam’s recent work focuses on product development solutions for special patient populations like pediatric and geriatric populations.